Best bi book of the year?
In the USA, the Lambda Literary Foundation has announced its shortlists for the best LGBT books published in 2012. The winners in over 20 categories of queer publishing will be revealed on Monday June 3rd – in the meanwhile, here are the five titles shortlisted for the bisexual category.
The finalists for the Bisexual Literature category are (in alphabetical order):
1. Axel Hooley’s Death Watch List, by Scotty-Miguel Sandoe, pub.CreateSpace
2. Girlfag A Life Told in Sex and Musicals, by Janet W. Hardy, pub.Beyond Binary Books
3. History of a Pleasure Seeker, by Richard Mason, pub.Random House / Alfred A. Knopf
4. In One Person, by John Irving, pub.Simon & Schuster
5. My Awesome Place: The Autobiography of Cheryl B, by Cheryl Burke, pub. Topside Signature
(links take you to the Amazon pages for each title)
The awards in recent years had two bisexual categories (fiction and non-fiction) however not enough new bi books were nominated to justify two categories this time around: it seems we need to write and put forward more good work!